Before you register for The Tire Squeal™, let’s get some things straight. This event is for fun and to raise money for charity. This is not a contest of speed or driving skill. This is not an encouragement to eat too much. We’ve provided you a map of private restaurants and a route on public roads. They aren’t our roads. They aren’t our restaurants. You are in complete control of your vehicle and your decisions. So, in the unfortunate event that you have an accident or indigestion, don’t blame us. We aren’t requiring any money to enter. By registering you're making yourself eligible for prizes. If you send us the pictures we requested (and hopefully make a donation to Gleaners Food Bank), we’ll tally points and if you win, you’ll get a cool prize and bragging rights. Simple, right?
However, since there is always that person that wants to blame someone else, you must read the entire LEGAL DISCLAIMER that comes along with your registration. When you register for this event, you accept the terms and conditions.
“THE TIRE SQUEAL™” EVENT REGISTRATION/RELEASE FORM VEHICLE ACCIDENT WAIVER,
RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY AND ASSIGNMENT OF CLAIMS
As consideration for being allowed to participate in the event described below, I agree:
1. I acknowledge that motor vehicle activity is a potentially hazardous activity which can be a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, and other drivers, The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee members. These risks are not only inherent to drivers and riders, but are also present for passengers, and non-participants. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating, viewing and/or volunteering in this event. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities organizing or conducting this event and hereby release them of all possible liability. I certify I am at least 18 years old. I promise not to sue and agree to pay all court costs and all attorney fees that result from my action, civil or otherwise.
2. I certify that I am physically fit with no known physical or mental impairment and have prepared for participation in the event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the event holders, sponsors and organizers of the event, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events. I certify that I will not at any time during the event operate my vehicle under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or drug. I certify that I have fully adequate insurance to cover all medical claims, the motor vehicle and any other equipment and any damage or liability I may ultimately be found responsible for, during all travel to the point of my entry into the event, the event itself, the period between the end of the event and my return to my final destination. I further certify that I have all the insurance required by law and I am licensed and competent to operate my vehicle in a safe manner and my license has all endorsements or certificates required by my state of residence.
3. In consideration of my being permitted to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assign as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me during the event or during my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee members and volunteers and (B) indemnify and Hold Harmless or claims made by other individuals or entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event. Accordingly, I do hereby release and discharge The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee Members, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees from all claims, demands, and causes of action of every kind whatsoever for any death, damages and/or injuries which may result from my participation in this event. This shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
4. I hereby consent to received medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illnesses during the event. I agree to pay for any and all costs related to medical response, treatment and transport on my behalf.
5. I agree to pay for all expenses (including, but not limited to, lodging, food, beverages, gasoline, oil, repairs and maintenance and any other costs or expense I may incur) intending that The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee Members shall be totally free of such costs and expense.
6. As additional consideration for being allowed to participate in the event described below, I hereby assign to The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee Members any claim I have or might have, in contract or in tort in any way, shape, form or fashion arising out of its action, the actions of anyone that participates in or comes in contact with participants in the event. This assignment is intended by all parties to be a full and complete assignment of any claim I have against The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee members, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees or may have against entities and individuals listed in this paragraph whether directly or through third parties. The intent of the parties is The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee Members, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees shall be liability free with regard to anything in any way connected with the event.
7. Regarding submitted photographs for the contest, I hereby release The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers and Committee Members from any and all claims based upon or arising out of the use, reproduction, distribution, display or performance of all or any part of the photographs or recording, or any derivative thereof, including any claim of invasion of privacy or right of publicity. I hereby grant full permission to The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers, Road Hog Productions, and associated sponsors and charities to use my likeness and name (if necessary) with a photograph and/or video footage in any publication or advertising materials (printed or electronic), including website and social media entries. This consent also serves to waive all rights of privacy or compensation which I may have in connection with the use of my photograph, video and name. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers, Road Hog Productions, and associated sponsors and charities, from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I have or may have by reason of this authorization. I recognize that all photographs and video submitted as part of the contest are the property of The Tire Squeal™ Event Organizers, and Road Hog Productions. *Please note, at any time you may change your photo consent status, however, photos and video already taken prior to this change cannot be withdrawn. The photo/video will be taken offline immediately, however, printed publications or internet storing of the photo/video will continue to exist.
I hereby certify that I have read all sections of this Waiver, Release and Assignment of Claims in its entirety.
My electronic registration below indicates that I fully understand it and agree to its contents. My typed name indicates agreement to terms and conditions.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and grow the event in the years to come. Your generous donation will fund our mission and 100% of your monetary donations will be given to Gleaners Food Bank.
As our way of saying thanks, if you've registered and donate $75 or more, The Tire Squeal will give you a Schweienefiletring™ event T-shirt. If your donation is $125 or more, The Tire Squeal will give you a Schweienefiletring™ T-shirt and event hat.